Saturday, September 26, 2009

So fragile

Today I was cooking and realized, right in the middle of things, that I needed eggs. Really just an egg, but its not something that you buy individually. I quick ran over to the grocery store, found the eggs and hurried to the check out counter.

Usually when I’m buying a single item, I skip getting a bag. It seems like a waste for a single item, and I always picture forests devoid of trees or a landfill full of plastic bags in a million years.

I told the bagger to skip the bag, and he looked at me and said, “Really? Without a bag, the eggs could break.”

I took the eggs without the bag, and walked out of the store wondering how much protection a plastic bag really does offer.

2 comments:

  1. I think the plastic bag is not to protect the eggs, but to protect your car/home from the broken eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely need a Byerly's bag! How could you leave home without one?

    ReplyDelete