Thursday, September 3, 2009

Its the Final Countdown

When Brian and I got engaged, my family was quite happy for us and very supportive. It was an exciting, but not unexpected event. Since it happened a mere three weeks before my sister’s wedding, my dad’s first response was that we should have a double wedding.

That idea was rejected by all parties involved.

Dad relented, but wanted to know when we thought we would actually get married. I told him we were thinking September 1st 2012 might be an option, depending on how things play out. He responded with something about reeling in the fish before it gets off the hook. I glared at him and refilled our beers.

I’m told by momma, that on Tuesday, dad woke up and said “Well, we’ve had a month of recovery [from sister’s wedding], and its exactly three years until September 1st, 2012.”

Apparently my dad is excited to have another wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment