Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another landmark

Having been in a relationship for a while, Brian and I figured we knew all there was to know about each other. I know when Brian hasn’t had enough water to drink just by watching him; he knows when my stomach hurts just by talking to me.

But even five years later, we can still surprise each other. Like on Sunday when we went to the grocery store. I happily gorged myself on samples of veggie dip and salsas. Brian just stared at me and remarked “unsanitary.” I don’t know how long we’ve lasted, me a jolly free loader and him a neat freak, but I think we’ve got many good years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Yay free samples!!! I don't even care about those filthy rubber gloves they're wearing that get all up in the food, and touch whatever is going on. Free is free and usually still delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's not a neat freak. He's a microbiologist at heart, and he just can't forget all those nasty little microbes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he said there was something "just wrong" about eating the last of the salsa in the sample container. I care not. I like snacks while i shop.

    ReplyDelete