Saturday, September 5, 2009

It’s like a grocery store with nothing but deodorant

Brian and I have always been avid readers. Now that I’m done with school and Brian has spent five years mocking the fact that I always read the same sad set of books over and over, I have finally gotten myself a library card.

Brian and I made our first two trips to the library while we were running errands. They were nice libraries, but they weren’t going to be our library. Today, we went to our local branch location to pick up some movies and books for the next few weeks.

The library was modern. Sleek. Pristine. And utterly devoid of books. We were able to locate a few short rows of children’s books, but no novels. Finally, we had to ask an employee, “where are the books?” she directed us to eight rows of “adult” reading selection, two rows of which were travel books.

Luckily, the library has a great online request system.

No comments:

Post a Comment