Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Goals in life

Today at a meeting, everyone was asked to introduce themselves and share something from their "bucket list" as an ice breaker. Lots of people wanted to travel somewhere beautiful before they died or take a cruise. Lots wanted to go skydiving. All I could think of was wanting to get married, have kids, get to be an aunt, buy a house with one of those "mother in law" apartments attached to it that my parents could live in...all nice and boring stuff. So I decided to share something from a list Heather and I made a long time ago.

"When I was younger I had a list of life goals. So I want to marry a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle." As the rest of the room laughed, I added "I'm still hoping Leonardo calls."

When I told Brian that story he made a face. "You can't leave me for Leonardo," he said. "Donatello was way cooler."

4 comments:

  1. Who said you guys weren't made for each other? Who else would have known the other three guys' names?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry momma, but that's pretty common knowledge amongst our age bracket. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are like the Beetles of cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. singing american pie in a cave didn't come up? although perhaps that's because we've already met that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Brian. Donatello all the way.

    ReplyDelete