Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to school

Today was the first day of school for my friend Heather. She is going back to grad school for her master's and I'm so proud of her.

My sister once blogged that she didn't know how on earth I could stand to stay in school another two years for a master's degree. I think even worse would be getting a taste of the real world and deciding to go back to school anyway. I don't think I would have done it except for the fact that I didn't know what else to do with a bachelor's degree in Women's Studies.

But here my Heather goes. She's smart, she's a hard worker, she's anxious and she's done all 500 pages of reading before her first class. I know she'll shine.

2 comments:

  1. You weren't the only one who didn't know what you could do with a bachelors in women studies. Dad did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to Heather! She might be too busy to read this blog real soon, but she should know that I'm thinking of her!

    ReplyDelete