Thursday, September 22, 2011

Soup, anyone?

The other day, Brian and I were at the co-op to buy some mulling spices. That unfortunately was an epic fail, as the co-op staff looked at me like mulling spices must be some sort of evil creation previously unknown to man and certainly never stocked on their shelves. Meh.

But, I did pause to look at the food that was on sale for super cheap because it was at the point of no return for expiration dates. There was a yummy looking red substance in a salsa jar that was only $1. $1 for presumably gourmet salsa. Delicious, no?

I came home the next day and decided it was salsa time. Brian had already eaten the salsa and claimed it to be “weak.” Since I like my salsa weak, this sounded good.
It tasted bad. Like marinara sauce.

I tried chopping up some cilantro to give it more of a salsa taste, but then it just tasted like marinara and cilantro.

After the two of us had consumed nearly half the container, I realized that despite being in a glass jar with a screw on metal top…this was tomato basil soup.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Awesome. I grade the co-op an F for fail. Who hasn't heard of mulling spices? Did you ever find any?

    ReplyDelete