Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leggings and a tennis skirt

For our internal campaign to raise fund for United Way this year, a friend and I bought a kayaking tour of beautiful Belle Isle in downtown Detroit, guided by another coworker. The three of us compared schedules and found that there was only one day in September that worked for all of us, a Sunday afternoon, which for me meant going straight from derby to kayaking. This seemed fine to me. I’d get a good workout in for my legs and then a good workout for my arms. Fantastic.

All I needed to do was bring a change of clothes for Kayaking and I’d be good to go straight from practice out on to the water.

All I needed to do was bring a change of clothes.

That’s all I needed to do.

And I failed.

So I ended up kayaking in by derby clothes—and old tank top with my sports bra hanging out of it, black leggings with bedazzled stars and a tennis skirt.

It gets better. After we finished kayaking, we went for dinner at the Detroit Yacht Club. And to be classy, I threw on a smelly sweatshirt.

This is why I can’t have nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment