Monday, June 28, 2010

Bad Mans!

Brian left last week for a two week trip to Arizona and Portland. I have all sorts of fun things planned with Melissa the Texan for Girls Fortnight, but tonight fun was put on hold. Because the last time i heard from Brian was the 26th. He told me that he probably wouldn't call on Saturday. Fine, I can handle that. But I thought it was odd when he didn't call Sunday. And when he hadn't called or answered my emails by 10:30pm on Monday, I was really worried. I tried calling the friend who he was visiting in Portland, but he didn't answer.

So then I googled "violent crime portland". All I got were stories about Al Gore and a massage therapist.

Then, joy of joys, Brian's friend called back.

Me: "I'm worried. I haven't heard from Brian since he left Arizona. Have you talked to him."
Friend: "Yeah, he's staying at my house. I can definately vouch that he is alive."
Me: "That's good. He might not stay alive when he gets home."

2 comments:

  1. You need to institute the "good night" call. No matter where Steve or I am we always call the other when we go to bed (usually the one in the early time zone calls first for the night). Just a quick good night I love you and then I know he's ok and he knows I'm ok. It works well for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to no calls!! However, I'm not surprised it happened once he was at Matt's... they probably nerded out to the point where they forgot about all other life on the planet. Still no excuse to not call your fiancee, but I'm just sayin...

    ReplyDelete