Friday, June 25, 2010

I should always listen to my mother

Brian’s coworkers had the idea to have a party in which we eat White Castle sliders and watch the Predator movies. I told my mom. She said that sliders are disgusting. I said I had never tried them and thus would ignore her advice to avoid them.

I should never ignore her advice.

Brian and I ate 10 sliders, then came home to a stinky death. I could feel sliders coming out my pores.

Side note—when I’m not feeling well, I’m like a cat. I want to be away from my usual space. So, instead of sleeping in my bed, I prefer to sleep on the floor near the bathroom. It doesn’t matter if I think I need to throw up or not, it’s just where I prefer to sleep when sick. It might have something to do with feeling like my bed is my only space that I can keep clean (remember freshman year?). But none the less, a sick Jenny is a Jenny near the bathroom. Here in Paradise, my closet is the room next to the bathroom. So I can curl up on clean carpets and still be less than 15 inches from the toilet.

After I woke up on the closet floor the next morning, all I wanted was fruit and vegetables. And only fresh versions of each. So we spent the day eating salad, strawberries and peaches. Brian tried to convince me to have chicken for dinner, but I was thoroughly uninterested.

I should always listen to mom.

1 comment:

  1. Never listen to anyone who tells you sliders from White Castle are any good. Matt tried the same thing on me. Also, 10 is way too many. And I like burgers. And food. but wow. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete