Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Expecting

I think I’ll probably be writing a lot about work for a while. The job gives my mind a lot of time to wander, and it usually wanders in what my sister called “blog thought.” I start writing blog posts in my head through out the day about the odd things that happen, and hopefully I’m not too tired to post them once I get home.

Today I had a blog thought. Working at the grocery store is a lot like being pregnant.

-My back and feet hurt.
-My hands are swollen (mostly because I run into things)
-I expect to gain weight (my current schedule has me trying to eat dinner at 9pm and go to bed at 11)
-I look at the future with a mixed sense of dread and anticipation (anticipation about what direction my career could take, dread that this is the direction its already taken)
-I have strange food cravings. It seems like a good idea to purchase marshmallows, teriyaki sauce and pickles.

Hopefully I won’t still be there in 9 months to deliver any results.

1 comment:

  1. The title was a bit scary for your mom, but I liked the analogies.

    ReplyDelete