Friday, December 4, 2009

Fame! I wanna live forever!

A few years ago, my mom handed me a Minnesota Magazine. It was opened to a picture of some people having a picnic by Lake Calhoun. I thought it was a nice picture. And then I thought that one of the people in the photograph looked like my friend Jo. And another like my friend John…and then I realized I was on the photograph.


My friends and I remembered the picnic, but not being photographed.

Yesterday, I went in to the domestic violence center where I’ve been volunteering. One of the staff, Kim, and I have been planning their volunteer training. Kim told me she has started to research various educational films to show to their interns.

“There’s a video of you on the website promoting one of the films,” she told me.
I responded with a very articulate “Hunh?”

We looked at the site, and sure enough, there I am.
http://notherapedocumentary.org/

I remember going to the screening of the film, but didn’t remember the interview.

I wonder where else I can be found…

2 comments:

  1. Well if you ever decide that rather than helping people and working in a human service field you would rather pursue acting or modeling its seems your portfolio has already been started for you. Not to mention all of the runway stomping you have practiced in many public places. Hmmm . . . something to think about while at work anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, I just found that video last week too!! We were looking through possible SAAM keynotes and then there you were!

    ReplyDelete