Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Financial Illiteracy

Today I went to a meeting on financial education. It was for United Way staff and it was billed as "not just the basics but moderate to advanced learning as well." I should have waited for a program that had just the basics. We discussed available credit versus credit scores, fixed rate mortgages versus APR rates for purchasing a car. I was so very lost. We were working in small groups and at one point a group member asked if i had anything to add to the discussion. I told him that i was so confused about what was going on, I wasn't sure where i was anymore. Eventually I gave up and started singing Journey songs go myself. Half way through "Lights" i decided that i really should take a beginners level class, because if something happens to Brian or my Dad, I'll be financially screwed.

2 comments:

  1. You can always ask me, too! I know what those things are in theory... :)
    Also, apt. pictures soon, we're almost all up and running. China way-laid plans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take notes. If something happens to Dad...the basics will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete