Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The first day

I went to my first day at my new job today. The United Way is located in a big, old building. It’s a tall building and is surrounded by other big tall buildings. The offices themselves are very modern and well kept. Everyone was dressed nicely and looked very professional.

While I was waiting for my new boss, I felt very alone and insignificant. I seemed so small in such a big place.

Then I remembered that I was wearing the necklace my aunt bought me for Christmas this year. And a sweater from my sister. Brian gave me my ring, my dad had given me my socks and my mom had bought me the shoes before my first grown up job two years ago. It was like I could feel my whole family around me, wishing me good luck. I didn’t feel so small after that.

The day went wonderfully, aside from a gentleman offering for “us to be together” and inquiring if I had jungle fever. I’m off to a great start!

3 comments:

  1. I've bookmarked the blog and am excited to hear more about yr life! What a warm post about your family's gifts and love.

    cj

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet thought! We sure are behind you 100%

    ReplyDelete
  3. This also made me realize I need to buy more clothes for myself

    ReplyDelete