Thursday, November 26, 2009

A thing to be thankful for

After the insanity of my unexpected training day on Wednesday, I remembered that I was supposed to pick up some pop tarts for Brian before coming home. Grocery shopping the day before Thanksgiving isn’t the best idea, but I figured I’d be brave and provide for my starving partner.

While I was standing in line, the older gentleman behind me asked if I had already gotten my cooking done for the next day. I told him that at the rate the lane was moving, we’d end up eating the pop tarts. He laughed and asked if I was a student. I told him no, but my fiancĂ© is. He asked me, “Is he a good man?”

“Yeah. He really is.”

1 comment:

  1. And I think he really is! You can tell him that after you recover from your first day at work...or are you still in the Orientation stage?

    Mom

    ReplyDelete