Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wouldn't it be nice

Sometimes you think about what the world would be like if things were a little different. What if we lived forever? What there were no more wars? What if people could fly.

Today on the drive home, I decided the world would be a much better place if we could hear it when other people told us "F You."

Driving in Michigan, I often find myself using some form of the F word about my fellow drivers. Sometimes its a verb, sometimes a noun, sometimes a gerund. But it all boils down to--you are doing something stupid, potentially dangerous, and I'm perceiving it as harmful to me. Please stop.

Imagine it, you're driving in the left lane going 10 under the limit, with your right blinker on for the last 15 miles, a little spaced out as you weave within the lane. Suddenly, you hear a chorus of other drivers, using colorful language to alert you to you mistake. You'd get over a few lanes, turn off the blinker, drive the speed limit and pay attention to the world around you.

Wouldn't it be nice?

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid you learned such terrible language from your Mother!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete